The Foundation for Arts Initiatives is an independent foundation supporting exceptional arts endeavors and artist-led initiatives around the world. It helps new ventures in contemporary arts that may be at a critical point in their development and organizations involved with emerging or under-recognized artists.
Its mission is to:
- support the independence of artists to pursue autonomous practices, free from market pressures or the agendas of governmental or institutional funding
- foster new forms of organization and alternative ways of operating, such as non-institutional collectives and networks that remain in flux
- encourage expanding and evolving definitions of community, engaging not just the local community, but across borders and cultures
- nurture the establishment of new global networks not based on neocolonial or market strategies
- promote open access and transparency in sharing information, mutual interests and goals